|Santa Monica Networks AS has been one of the key players in the Estonian IT market since 1992. During all the years of its activity the company has accumulated great experience in the fields of IT infrastructure. Expertise, high qualification, professional attitude and proven technologies ensure quality solutions of Santa Monica Networks offered to customers as well as their versatile implementation and support. Company belongs to Santa Monica Networks Group.|
Due to business expansion in the area of Data Center/ IT-Infrastructure services, company is looking for
|We are looking for a strong skillset in enterprise IT infrastructure solutions with the ability to design complete IT infrastructure solutions based on customer technical or business requirements. Right candidate has system administrator level understanding and/or experience in managing Linux or Windows servers, virtualization technologies, storage infrastructure and cloud-connected services in large scale enterprise environments.|
Purpose of the position
- Design, implement and support IT infrastructure solutions based on customer requirements and business needs.
- Provide support to customers and within Santa Monica Group as a Subject Matter Expert in the area of specialization.
- Support customer operations in solving escalated technical issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of total IT infrastructure solutions (with the focus on compute, storage, virtualization layers and cloud-connected services), incorporating customer business needs and taking holistic view from all the technical aspects.
- Incorporate common standards and best practices into technical solution.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot systems and its performance, reliability, scalability, and security aspects.
- Constantly keep technical knowledge up-to-date in the areas of expertise, through trainings and renewed vendor certifications.
- Keep informed of new emerging technologies, solutions and tools.
- Support Level 1 Engineers and technical pre-sales teams.
- Ability to travel, occasionally work non-business hours, and stay reachable 24/7.
Critical Competences and Work Experience
- A relevant university degree and/or minimum of 5 years of extensive real-world work experience in designing and/or administrating enterprise IT systems.
- System administration level experience and/or thorough understanding of:
– Storage infrastructure and experience with various SDS solutions. Experience with HPE/3PAR is a plus;
– Linux and/or Microsoft Windows day-to-day administration experience in enterprise environments;
– Virtualization environments and administration;
– At least one major backup & recovery software/solution;
– x86 hardware and TCP/IP networks.
- Scripting and automation skills and experience is a plus.
- Experience in cloud technologies, building hybrid cloud solutions/ integrations is a plus.
- Ability to transform business requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to develop mandatory documentation such as an infrastructure design drawings and descriptions.
- Good communication skills.
- Openness to new ideas, continuous search for improved best practices, ambition to get better every day.
- English language skills in both verbal and written form.
- Tactical role in shaping and managing IT infrastructure business area.
- Gain valuable experience and insight in working with number of large enterprises and organizations in Baltics and Nordics.
- Stay up to date with skills and latest industry developments through regular trainings and certifications.
- Become part of team of highly skilled and successful professionals.
- Professionally challenging, yet friendly, fun and caring work atmosphere.
A competitive compensation package.
Place of Work: Tallinn, Estonia with the ability to travel.